Tuesday, October 5, 2021

2021-Sept. 25-29 trip to N. Myrtle Beach with Angie and fam


About 3 or 4 months ago, Angie started looking for another Wyndham 3 bedroom accessible unit so we could all go to the ocean again.  Turned out that Myrtle Beach was the only drive-to ocean resort available during Layla's Fall Break (this week).  I've always been curious about Myrtle Beach.  All the traveling Ken and I have done and we have never been to Myrtle beach!  I was looking forward to seeing what the hype was all about.  

Once 60 days 'til check in came around, I started checking for availability so we could take advantage of our VIP privilege of using half the amount of points for a reservation within 60 days.  Somewhere around 40 days prior, availability in a 3 bedroom unit at another Wyndham Myrtle Beach resort came available, but it wasn't on the beach.  So we passed on it.  A few days later, a 3 bedroom Oceanfront non-accessible unit where we had reservations (Wyndham Ocean Boulevard in N. Myrtle Beach) came available, so I booked it.  Then I called the resort to see what the difference was in the OV accessible unit and the OF unit is.  They claimed the OF was better and was open enough for a wheel chair.  So I cancelled the accessible unit----and got half our points back!  

Now all we had to do was wait until the 25th and hope Ken was feeling up to going.  Had a bit of a scare on the 23rd.  Had to call for a "lift assist" to help get Ken to bed.  He had gotten the flu shot and covid booster the day before and was running a low grade fever and was really weak.  Fortunately, by the 24th, he was feeling much better.  By the 25th, he was able to transfer from his wheel chair to the car and we were on our way.


9-25-21 drive to N Myrtle Beach, S. Carolina---Wyndham Ocean Blvd 3 bedroom OF 

 

9-26-21 Beach time!!!!!

 

9-27-21 more beach time!!!!

 

9-28-21 last full day 

 

9-29-21 time to go home

 

 Wyndham Ocean Blvd , 3 bdrm 5th floor, Tower 2, OF

 

It was another really great vacation.  Started out a little iffy, but we made up for the bad times by making some great memories.  I hope to get back to Myrtle Beach.  Turned out to be even better then I imagined.  I was hoping for a beach similar to S. Florida.  I love S. Florida, but water can be a lot harder to get into there.  The broad flat shallow waters edge was perfect for Layla to play on and for walking on!  I don't know how well Ken was able to see us, but I think he enjoyed being outside and visiting with other visitors.   I think he's enjoying these short trips as much as I am.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment