Tuesday, May 25, 2021

2021-May 17-25 Reunion and Clearwater Beach, Florida

 

2021 May Florida trip to Reunion

 If you told me a year ago we'd have at least 4 road trips with Ken ahead of us, I would have been skeptical.  Especially with a worldwide pandemic going on for over a year!  But, thankfully, we have---Panama City, Destin, Lake Marion, and now Orlando!  And in a couple weeks, we're off to St. Louis and Knoxville for another 7 nights (around Ken's 51st class reunion).  

This was another rather impromptu trip.  Josh had vacation time he had to take and we had Worldmark points that were expired in a Hawaii reservation for March 2021.  I knew if I called WM I could have them put them in another reservation, but it had to be for a trip before the end of June or the points would be gone for good.  So I let Angie search for a trip.  She found a 3 bedroom accessible condo in Reunion, Florida, for 3 nights and another 3 nights in Pompano, Fl.  With the extra room in Reunion, Ken agreed to go, too.  But I didn't want to drive back from S. Florida, and didn't want to just go for 3 nights, so I booked 3 more nights at Reunion before Angie's 3 using our VIP Wyndham membership.  Ultimately Angie also decided they didn't want to drive back from S. Florida, too, so I moved her reservation back up to Reunion following the 3 days they already had reserved. They couldn't go earlier because of Layla's school.   About a week before the trip, I found 2 nights at the Wyndham Clearwater Beach resort in a 1 bedroom condo and asked them if they wanted to go there, too, since it was almost the same distance from Atlanta as Orlando.  She said yes.  Only problem with that was that Wyndham isn't allowing guest check in at their premium resorts right now since owners had to cancel so many vacations last year.  No problem, Ken and I just stayed in Reunion the extra days with the kids, then drove out to Clearwater and checked them in.  I was always curious about that resort, so I didn't mind going and spending the day with them, then going back to Reunion for our last night (minus the kids, again).

5-17-21 travel day to Orlando

our accommodations: Worldmark/Wyndham Reunion Resort

5-18-21 hanging around the resort and shopping 

5-19-21 Lakefront Park  

5-20-21 waiting for the kids to make it down 

5-21-21 Disney Springs

5-22-21 Animal Kingdom 

5-23-21 Apopka Wildlife Drive 

5-24-21 Clearwater Beach (Wyndham Clearwater Beach Resort) 

5-25-21 back to Atlanta

 I was somewhat anxious about this trip.  With Ken now 16 months since being diagnosed with Glioblastoma, I was afraid it would be really hard on him.  But he seemed to enjoy it---as did the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment