Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010 Orlando with David and Jane

 When Dad died, I asked my brother and sister if they wanted to share Orange Lake with me, and share the maintenance fees.  They both said yes.  So at first it was sort of random as to who went and when noone went I banked the week into RCI and usually Carolyn ended up using the RCI week.  Eventually we decided to rotate weeks between the 3 of us.  That worked pretty well, until David decided he didn't want it anymore.  So Carolyn and I started splitting the weeks.  But---this year, David, Jane, and I ended up going to the resort---pre-rotation mode.

 Jan. 29 and 30---drive and arrival day

Since David and Jane were living in S. Illinois at this time, I drove to their place and the 3 of us rode to Florida together.  It was a long drive, but David did most of the driving so I got to enjoy the scenery.  And the sunset from the rode.

By the time we got checked in, it was late.  Settled in, got some groceries and some dinner and called it a day.

 

Epcot: Jan. 31 

We decided to do a couple Disney parks.  First one---Epcot.  Always a good time, although it is getting really expensive!

not sure what this was?
waiting for one of the rides
Love the way they add your photo to pictures on the Epcot ride.

David and Jane got eatten by a shark!
It was a fun day.
 

 

P Lew Gardens: Feb. 1

I love going to the reciprocal gardens of MOBOT.  They really enjoy gardens, too, so I suggested we go to P Lew Gardens.

I think they got a kick out of it, too.
beautiful grounds to an old plantation style house.

Feb. 1 Pirate dinner theatre

Had to get back to go to the dinner theatre we booked---a Pirate show.  It was cute.


 

Holyland Experience: Feb. 2 

David and Jane are probably the most "religious" of our family, so I thought they would get a kick out of the Holyland Experience.  They had even been to Israel back in 2006 along with Dad. 

I think they enjoyed it, and we were treated to another beautiful sunset.


Back by the resort, we made a stop into the new target.  David showing off his bowling abilities.  If only bowling balls were this big I'd probably be able to get a couple strikes.

 

 Fan boat ride in the Everglades: Feb. 3

Another thing they wanted to do---go for an airboat ride in the Everglades.  I'm game!

I was surprised the Everglades came all the way up to Kissimmee
Back at the resort---the proof of our maintenance fees being used for improvements.


Holywood studios: Feb. 4

For our 2nd Disney Resort, we went to Holywood studios.  I've only been here a couple of times, so it was a fun change of pace.

I do love the tower of terror hotel ride!
David showing off his new hat
Enjoyed the plays, too
and the 3 D shows
as well as the scenery
It was a fun trip.  I don't often go on trips with David and Jane.  They make great travel buddies.  Hopefully we'll do more trips together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment