Monday, March 12, 2007

2007 Feb. 26-March 11 Kauai

2007--our 6th trip to Kauai, alone again, naturally: Tandem surfing; Moir Gardens; Secret Beach; Mahaulepu Beach; 

On odd years we have the 1 bedroom condos at Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, so we had no family join us this time. We had to just enjoy Kauai by ourselves---which wasn't too hard to do!

Click on the dates for a link to my blog and photos from those days-

Feb. 26--sunrise at KBV, Koloa market, Lydgate park

Feb. 27--Spouting horn and Salt Pond

Feb. 28--Kee and Tunnels

March 1--Polihale and Lawai (Tandem  surfers)

March 2--Anini and Tunnels

March 3--East side and a Sheraton sunset 

March 4--East side waterfalls and Poipu

March 5-- Maha'ulepu Beach, moir, poipu point

March 6---North, Anini, Hanalei

March 7--- lydgate, kalapaki, nawiliwili, poipu point

March 8---lydgate cleanup, secret beach, hanalei sunset

March 9---a rainy day in Kauai:

March 10--Anini and Nawiliwili:

March 11--Anini and time to go home:

Just a few of the special photos from this trip:








It was another fantastic Kauai vacation.  A lot of new things this year: the clean up of Lydgate, the tandem surfers, the Kee sunset like none others I've experienced, and even Ken finally using a snorkel mask!  Can't wait to go back!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures. I found myself almost smelling the Hawaiian air and the scent of flowers that begin - I think- at the Honolulu airport. We want to go to Kauai at Xmas, 2016, get a two bedroom. I am a long time Worldmark owner (1992) and have access to RCI and Wyndham Hotels. We have been to the other islands but not Kauai. Your pictures have painted a nice vision for me- now - we just need to pick the best resort! Nice to have an ocean view and a big kitchen, ocean breezes through multiple windows to keep us cool at night. The rest? I just took 1,500 pictures in the UK - with a little Canon for the videos and the rest- my iPhone 6. The money shot? I'm still not sure, but I'm having fun re-living the experiences of the vacation. Ireland, Scotland, England- so wet, so green, with lush foliage, parks, flowers - beautiful

    ReplyDelete